UV-C light uses short-wave ultraviolet radiation, in the “C” band 253.7nm.
Also referred to as UVGI (ultraviolet germicidal irradiation), UV-C penetrates the outer structure of the cell and alters the DNA molecule, preventing replication and causing cell death. UV-C light is not a new technology for sanitising and killing germs.
In fact, it has been used since the late 1880s to kill micro-organisms.
It was used extensively after WWII for sterilising air in hospitals, food storage areas and pharmaceutical facilities.
It was then used in the 1950s in the war against tuberculosis. In the 1960s, concerns about microbes lessened with the introduction of new drugs and sterilising cleaners.
More recently UV-C light has been trialled as the new tool to combat superbugs, especially in healthcare environments where it is widely used to disinfect wards and isolation rooms.
Benefits of UV-C Light Products®
- Kill bacteria, viruses and microorganisms that can cause illnesses
- Clean, quick and effective
- Portable and easy to use without the need for training
- Improves indoor air quality with regular use
UV-C light kills 99.99% of bacteria, viruses and mould
- Rotavirus & Salmonella
- E-Coli & Campylobacter
- Fleas and their eggs & Dust mites and their eggs
- Staphylococcus and Pneumonia virus